Although men and women both require essential vitamins and minerals in their diet, there are certain nutrients that specifically recommended for a woman’s body. While most of the vitamins and minerals demanded by our body are satisfied with maintaining a healthy diet, some of them are required to be ingested additionally in order to meet the extra demands. As a woman grows, their body changes accordingly and so does the requirement of essential vitamins and minerals. Listed here are some of the minerals and vitamins that are essentially required in a woman’s body.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps in the reduction of the potential risk of suffering from heart diseases and cancer, also helps in promoting the health of bones. The rich sources of Vitamin D include –fishes like tuna and salmon, juices, cereals, and milk. One of the most abundant sources of Vitamin D is sunshine.
- Calcium: We all know that Calcium is essentially required for the proper functioning of our bones, but most of us aren’t aware of the fact that they regulate proper muscle functioning of the heart, muscles, and the nerve vessels too. Rich sources of Calcium are –dairy products, orange juice, leafy vegetables, beans, and cereals.
- Iron: As iron improves the production of red blood cells, it is highly essential for women in 19 to 30 years of age, as some bleed heavily during the menstrual cycle and iron certainly helps in replenishing the body with blood. Having too little iron in the body can lead to anaemia. However, iron can be obtained from both animals and plants.
- Magnesium: This is one of the most important minerals required in a woman’s body as they not only promote the development of tooth and the bones but also ensure a healthy pregnancy. Magnesium prevents the loss of bone and reduces the risk of women older than that of age 40 suffering from osteoporosis. Nuts, legumes, whole grains, seeds, cereals, and leafy vegetables are known to be abundant sources of magnesium.
- Folate: A type of Vitamin B that is found in green and leafy vegetables, sprouts, brown rice, and potatoes is much required in the women who are pregnant or are planning to undergo pregnancy. Folic Acid is considered to be a supplement of Folate that the doctor prescribes to the pregnant women as it ensures the birth of a healthy baby without possessing any problems related to the spinal cord.