February is here and it’s the perfect time to pack your bags and move out to experience the chill. The snow-laden mountain peaks, balmy skies and the list of festivals and fairs, makes India an ideal destination to explore in the month of February. With an option of skiing in Auli or visiting tropical beaches of the ‘Party Capital’ Goa, it won’t be an exaggeration to say that February is the best month to explore India.
We have compiled a list of destinations that you must visit in February:
- Bikaner, Rajasthan: One of the best places to visit in February is none other than Bikaner in the state of Rajasthan. It receives a swarm of visitors in this month as the popular Camel Festival is being organised in the village of Ladera. Camel owners show off their decorated camels and participate in various quirky competitions such as camel milking, best haircut for a camel and best fur cutting. All in all, Bikaner is a perfect place to visit in February, considering the weather and the infallible charm of the city.
- Kutch, Gujarat: Kutch is one of the most beautiful, yet surreal places in India. A visit to this place gives you the most unforgettable and romantic experience. It is famous for its Rann festivals, a three month long annually celebrated festival, which attracts thousands of tourists around the world to see the culture and beauty of India. Also, Kutch lies on the India-Pakistan border and you can see parts of Pakistan from this place. Beautiful beaches of Mandvi are also worth visiting during your trip to Kutch. Moreover, this place is also famous for crafts and embroidery works, Flamingo Sanctuary and Wild Ass Sanctuary.
- Goa: Goa is amongst the popular places to visit in February in India. The beach parties, crazy crowd along with Sunburn and Goa Film Festival, everything about Goa is electrifying. The casinos in Goa become wilder during this month and this is why the place is also famously known as the ‘Las Vegas of India’.
- Auli, Uttarakhand: Also known as the skiing destination of India, Auli wears almost all shades of nature to become one of the favourite tourist places in India in the month of February. Auli also offers exotic view of some major Hindu pilgrimage points like Nanda Devi range and Mount Neelkanth.
- Ooty, Tami Nadu: Surrounded by dense forests and lush green hills, Ooty is one of the most popular tourist destinations in South India. The place is extremely rich in flora and fauna, and is a delight for nature lovers. Among the tourist spots in Ooty, the Botanical gardens, the Rose Garden, the tea plantations, and a visit to the colonial era buildings is a must.
- Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu: Pondicherry, also known as Puducherry, is often famously referred to as the French Riviera of the East. It is indeed one of the most mesmerising places to visit in South India. Located in the state of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry promises travellers sanctity and serenity, in the real sense of the terms.
So, it’s time to book your flights and spend some quality time with your friends and family.