Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sachin Tendulkar are the most talked about Parliamentarians on Facebook
January 3, New Delhi: Facebook today released information on top-ranked Facebook pages of government bodies, ministries and political parties in India for the period, 1st January 2017 – 31st December 2017 in the form of an infographic (attached). The information is based on Facebook interactions which include total reactions, shares and comments.
The information is categorised under:
- Parliament of India
- Union Government
- State Governments and Union Territories
- Political Parties
A few highlights from the data:
- While Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the most talked about Lok Sabha member, Sachin Tendulkar is the most popular Rajya Sabha member on Facebook.
- Among apex bodies, PMO India is most popular on Facebook followed by President of India, Ram Nath Kovind. Ministry of External Affairs topped amongst ministries.
- MyGov India is the most popular government initiative on Facebook while amongst the armed forces, the Indian Army is the most popular.
- Amongst State Government & UTs, Yogi Adityanath (Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh) is the most popular followed by Vasundhara Raje (Chief Minister, Rajasthan).
- BJP came in first amongst political parties with Aam Aadmi Party coming in second, followed by the Indian National Congress.