Travelling is undoubtedly one of the best experiences that one can have, and refreshes you like nothing else. But travelling abroad brings with it a set of pre-requisites and a lot of planning, unlike unexpected short getaways. But in case, if you are ready to spend some extra on last minute flight tickets for some exotic locations abroad, these places will offer you visa on arrival. All you need to do is book your tickets, pack your bags, and you are good to go.
Some of the countries that are offering visa on arrival are:
- Madagascar: Located off the south east coast of Africa, Madagascar gives a free visa on arrival for a stay of up to 30 days. Short stay visas for 60 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying a fee of 70 Euros and 100 Euros respectively. The country is home to thousands of animal species, such as lemurs, found nowhere else, plus rainforests, beaches and reefs.
- Sri Lanka: Our neighboring country Sri Lanka also is a part of this list. With a valid Indian passport, you can get a visa on arrival in Sri Lanka for a stay upto 30 days. The visa fee is $25. The country is famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins, including the 5th-century citadel Sigiriya, with its palace and frescoes.
- Kenya: You just have to show the proof that you have sufficient money for your trip and a $50 visa fee will get you a visa on arrival in Kenya which is valid for 90 days. The country is home to wildlife like lions, elephants and rhinos.
- Seychelles: Just like Kenya, here too you will have to show the proof of your sufficient fund for your trip, summing up to at least $150 per day. The visa will be valid for 30 days, but you would also require a return or onward ticket. The Seychelles is an archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, off East Africa.
- Samoa: Samoa is a country comprising the westernmost group of the Samoan Islands, in Polynesia. Visa on arrival for Indians arriving in Samoa is valid for a stay of 60 days. You need to have an onward ticket and proof of sufficient funds to cover your trip expenses.
- Tanzania: Tanzania is an East African country known for its vast wilderness areas. Indians can get visa on arrival in Tanzania for a visa fee of $50 valid up to 3 months.
- Cambodia: Indian passport holder can obtain a visa on arrival at border checkpoints and Cambodia’s two airports: Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. You will have to pay a sum of $ 35 as visa fee and might need to convince the officials that you are loaded enough to pay for your accommodation and return ticket. The visa is valid for 30 days.
- Ethiopia: Ethiopia, in the Horn of Africa, is a rugged, landlocked country split by the Great Rift Valley. Visa on arrival is offered to Indian citizens for a fee of approximately $ 20. The visa is valid for 30 days. You should have return air ticket, hotel reservation and other usual documents required during travelling to foreign location.
- Jordan: Jordan, an Arab nation on the east bank of the Jordan River, is defined by ancient monuments, nature reserves and seaside resorts. If you are travelling to Jordan for around two weeks, you will have to show the proof that you have $1000, and then you will obtain the visa for 14 days.
- Bolivia: If your trip is pre-planned then you will get the visa for free from the Bolivian embassy, but in case of a sudden trip, your documents, itinerary and hotel reservation will be the proof to get you a visa on arrival here. The visa is valid for 90 days.