With Diwali around the corner, it’s that time of the year when women would come out in all their fineries to celebrate the festival of lights with complete festive fervour. Diwali is a time when we remember the victory of good over evil, but it is also a time to get your loved ones together and celebrate that very victory.
The festival season means lots of family time, great food, gifts, the perfect outfits, music, dance, and a game or two of cards. This Diwali, ace it all by wearing traditional dresses with a twist. There is something super special about dressing up in Traditional outfits, it make us feel all grown up and oh-so-pretty. Here are some interesting traditional and contemporary styling tips for women by Lakshita for this festive season.
- Go Minimalist: Minimalist lightweight garments are trending this festive season.Minimalism is the key trend as it allows room for innovations in terms of experimentation with statement jewelry that enhances the overall look of an ensemble as opposed to heavy embroidered garments that are not so easy to carry for all festivities.
- Experiment with cuts and colors: It is important to select a garment that is versatile enough to allow experimentation whilst compatible with the type of occasion. This season, elaborate styles like ruffles, flares, pee-a-book, florals, lace, statement sleeves and print-on-print fashion are a rage. The trending color palette includes vibrant shades of green, yellow, grey and pink.
- Plazzos, Skirts! The flavor of the season: The craze for palazzo pants and Skirts has been hyped recently and they add dazzling effect to your entire ensemble. Palazzos are available in various fabrics. You can make a choice from a wide variety. Versatile garments like a simple kurta paired with a palazzo or flared skirt can be styled differently by accessorizing creatively with oxidized jewellery or layered neck pieces and bracelets to spice up the look and make a chic fashion statement or to rock any social gathering this festive season. They are sure shot eye catchers making you the center of attraction!
- Dazzle in Prints: Instead of shimmery and glitters, wear muted color prints either on abold color base or just some added embellishment on the floral. Red and Pink as a color are an all-time favorite for any Indian celebration. Anyone can fell in love with thesekurtis, one can carry them and pair it with golden Jhumka to feel really royal!
- Be Confident! Be Comfortable! Be you! : Fashion is like a fruit, you cannot eat it a day before or a day after, and it is just about today. We are in the midst of festival celebration when every weekend is filled with some outdoor event. During this season, your wardrobe should have essentials to make the experience special. Traditional dresses have always been a hit during this festival because they are timeless. Be it ethnic or non-ethnic, simple or bold fashion quotes itself only if it brings comfort. Women are becoming more conscious about the kind of fabric they wear. Being aware of what’s in vogue, you must also make sure that you feel comfortable and are able to confidently carry yourself!
These above mentioned trends will help you make the right choice and nail the look this festive season. You can then flaunt your looks in front of your cousins, family, friends etc.