1 Orange + 1 Kiwi
½ Tropical Cup Rice + 2 tropical cup Coconut Milk + 1 tropical cup Water + 8 tbsp Sugar / jaggery + 4 tbsp Freshly chopped coconut + ½ tsp Cardamom powder + ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Wash the rice in running water
- In the InspireSaucepan heat 1 tropical cup of water and 1 tropical cup of coconut milk.
- Add rice and sugar/ jaggery to the coconut milk and simmer for 10 mins.
- Keep stirring until the rice is completely cooked and the milk has evaporated.
- Add cardamom powder and vanilla essence remove from heat and allow it to cool. Then add the freshly grated coconut.
- In a serving cup, place diced kiwi at the bottom, top it with the coconut rice and garnish with fresh oranges.
- Chill and serve immediately.
Kiwi and orange are a great start of Vitamin C and amazing pick me ups in the morning. Coconut is widely known for its nutrition value and disease fighting anti-oxidants, it promotes blood sugar regulation and keeps your gut healthy. The recipe can be created with jaggery for calorie conscious / diabetic individuals.
BY: Chef Ayesha Nallaseth, Culinary Product Specialist, Tupperware India