VODAFONE DELHI NCR TIES UP WITH CABS FOR FREE 4G SIM UPGRADE
New Delhi, June 20th, 2017: Vodafone Delhi-NCR, has tied up with Meru, Easy and Mega cabs to assist commuters to upgrade their existing SIM card to a faster & superior 4G SIM. Vodafone has refurbished nearly 500 cabs into 4G SIM mobile dispensers for a faster and superior 4G SIM.
4G SIM kits (both prepaid and postpaid) are placed in the dispensers of these cabs with instructions for commuter who sits in the cab and wishes to upgrade their SIM. The customer can pick this SIM kit, follow the instructions inside and upgrade their existing Vodafone 3G SIM to a 4G SIM free of cost.Vodafone is also offering 4GB free data for 10 days for prepaid customers and 4GB till the bill cycle for post-paid customers.
4G- ready SIM exchange process:
Commenting on the month long activity Alok Verma, Business Head, Delhi-NCR, “Since the launch of 4G services in Delhi last year, we have witnessed a tremendous shift in usage to 4G data from 2G & 3G data. To experience this world class 4G network, it’s essential that our consumers upgrade their 3G SIMs to 4G SIMs, and this tie-up is a unique intervention to make this process mobile and within easy reach of our consumers. From home delivering the SIMs to extensive presence at all our retail touch points and now associating with leading cab aggregators, Vodafone has tried to ensure that our customers get easy access to the 4G SIM and our Data strong services.”
In case customers face any issues with the SIMEX process, they can call 199 or seek assistance from our staff at any Vodafone retail store.
As part of this activity, Vodafone is also planning to do 4 assisted SIM replacement demos in these cabs, where an executive will be travelling in these cabs on pre-assigned routes and help solving customer queries. Vodafone subscribers can also walk up to cabs and can ask the driver for 4G SIMs.
Customers can switch to a 4G-ready SIM following these easy steps
- Get a 4G-Ready SIM
- After proper identification process & 4G enabled handset compatibility check, you will receive the new 4G-SIM card.
- To activate the card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX <your 19-20 digit new 4G SIM card number>’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you)
- You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
- Please send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step
- You will receive a success SMS, post which your 4G-Ready SIM will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
- Subsequently, replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G-Ready SIM and continue to enjoy uninterrupted Vodafone services