– Launched India’s largest fiber network of over 43,000 kms across 88 cities in 75 days
– First telecom provider in India to offer Optical Virtual Private Network as a service
Strengthening its technological leadership, Vodafone India today announced the deployment of India’s largest long haul fiber network across 88 cities. The company has installed more than 43,000 kms of 200G long-haul network in 75 days, making it the world’s fastest and biggest optical deployment project.
With the growth in data consumption and adoption of new technologies like 5G and VoLTE, the 200G long-haul network will enable Vodafone to further improve on its already leading latency performance and enhance customer experience for mobile and enterprise customers.
Speaking about the launch of India’s largest 200G long-haul network, Vishant Vora, Director – Technology, Vodafone India, said, “Consumers and businesses are increasingly demanding flexible, secure and efficient ways to consume data. Moving towards 200G long-haul network is a significant step by Vodafone India to lead and provide seamless network and high bandwidth to our consumers. This 200G Ultra Long Haul Fiber Network allows enterprise customers on performance monetization and improving customer experience. We are proud that our team could install India’s largest 200G network in a record time, making it’s the fastest deployment across the globe”
The 200G long-haul network brings differentiating capabilities to customers like:
· OVPN – Horizontal and Vertical Network resource slicing for customers
· Latency Based Routing ensures low latency paths
· Fiber Doctor – Online fiber monitoring to detect fault and improve fiber repair MTTR
· T-SDN Enabled Network for centralized controller, resource and service visualization