– New Volkswagen Jetta to be available with 2.0-litre TDI and 1.4-litre TSI engines. Six-speed dual-clutch DSG transmission available with TDI engine
– New Jetta line-up available at all Volkswagen showrooms across India from 17th February 2015 onwards, ex-showroom prices start at Rs 13.87 Lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)
Mumbai, February 17, 2015: Volkswagen, Europe’s largest carmaker, announces the launch of the distinctively elegant, technologically advanced new Jetta for the Indian market. With its world-renowned German engineering, unmatched build quality and safety, outstanding driving dynamics and sophisticated styling, the new Jetta is positioned as a benchmark-setting sedan in its segment.
Safety is of paramount importance for Volkswagen, and the new Jetta comes fitted with Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Stabilization Programme (ESP) and six air-bags as standard equipment. Two engine options are available, including a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel, and a 1.4-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol unit. The car is available in three trim levels, which cater to a wide range of customer requirements and preferences.
The top-of-the-line Jetta 2.0 TDI, in ‘Highline’ trim, comes fitted with a 6-speed dual-clutch DSG automatic transmission, which showcases Volkswagen’s engineering prowess. With its lightning-fast gearshifts, this transmission provides the best of both worlds – optimum engine performance for sporty driving, as well as high levels of fuel efficiency. In fact, the new Jetta’s 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine, with its 140 horsepower and 320Nm of torque, not only provides class-leading performance, but also excellent fuel economy at up to 19.33kmpl.
The new Jetta’s 1.4-litre TSI turbocharged petrol engine, which produces 122 horsepower and 200Nm of torque, also returns 14.69kmpl and remains an excellent choice for customers who insist on an advanced petrol engine’s super-slick, smooth and responsive performance.
The new Jetta’s lines reflect the best of European design ethos – subtle, sophisticated and understated – the car has timeless appeal. Like its predecessors, the new Jetta is quietly authoritative, and very clearly premium and upmarket.
Major changes on the new Jetta include the following:
- New front and rear bumpers
- New front grille
- New fog lamps
- New tail lamps
- New bootlid
- New twin-tube instrument cluster
- Sporty new flat-bottomed steering wheel with built-in multi-function controls
While the changes are subtle, they contribute to the car’s sophistication and upmarket feel. The overall effect is such that once you experience the new Jetta inside and out, you will agree that no other car in the segment can match up.
Speaking at the launch of the new Jetta, Mr. Michael Mayer, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. said “With the introduction of the new Jetta, we once again underline our commitment to the Indian market. We are committed to offering some of the safest, best-built, best-performing cars in our international line-up to the discerning Indian customer, and the Jetta is a brilliant example of that. It’s a best-of-the-breed Volkswagen that features class-leading performance, driving dynamics, build quality and safety. For premium-segment car buyers who insist on getting the best, we’re sure you’ll be very happy once you experience the new Jetta at one of our dealerships.”
Ex-showroom (Mumbai) prices start at Rs 15.01 lakh for the New Volkswagen Jetta 2.0-litre TDI and Rs 13.87 lakh for the New Jetta 1.4 TSI.
1) New Volkswagen Jetta TDI and TSI will be available at all Volkswagen showrooms across India from February 17, 2015.
2) The new Volkswagen Jetta TDI and TSI is available in six colours: Reflex silver, Toffee brown, Deep Black, Pure White, Blue Silk and Platinum Grey.
3) For detailed specifications of each version of the new Volkswagen Jetta, please refer to the product brochure included with the press kit.
4) Prices of the New Jetta (Ex – showroom Mumbai and Delhi) are:
|Fuel||Variant||Ex- Showroom (INR)|
|Petrol 1.4 TSI||Trendline||13.87 lakh||14.15 lakh|
|Comfortline||15.36 lakh||15.67 lakh|
|Diesel 2.0 TDI||Trendline||15.01 lakh||15.31 lakh|
|Comfortline||16.89 lakh||17.24 lakh|
|Highline MT||18.76 lakh||19.14 lakh|
|Highline DSG||19.77 lakh||20.17 lakh|