A healthy body not only contributes to a more active, productive and fulfilling life but can also add years to your life. Hence maintaining a healthy body is a necessity.
Below are some ways in which you can ensure healthy body
- Eating healthy: A nutrient-rich diet includes whole grains, fish, nuts, eggs, poultry and lean meats, fat-free or low-fat dairy foods such as yogurt and fortified milk, and unsaturated fats like olive oil and avocados.
- Regular exercising: Participate in at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise a week. If you are experiencing health issues, check with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.
- Enough sleep: Sleep is necessary for the healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels. It aids in the balance of your body’s hormones and supports your body’s growth and development.
- Reduce stress: Strategies like exercise, yoga, meditation or participating in stress-reduction programs are effective ways to manage your stress and help keep your body healthy.
- Drink water: Water maintains body temperature, moves nutrients and waste materials through your body, helps normalize blood pressure and lubricates and cushions body joints and organs.