Anything if taken over permissible limit, does cause harm. The same goes with the types off food and drinks that we consume. What better example than that of alcohol. Though there are various researches which shows how various drinks such as beer and wine does have some health benefits, but if alcohol consumption crosses limits, it can be your worst enemy.
- Lesser appetite: Since alcohol heightens our senses, our hunger also multiplies and we tent to eat almost 30% extra that we would have eaten otherwise
- Loose weight: Since alcohol contains high calories, cutting them from your diet and replacing with healthy alternatives helps reduce weight
- Better sleep: Though alcohol makes you fall asleep initially, it tends to disrupt sleep eventually. Another recent study in the journal Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research found that drinking before bed increases alpha wave patterns in the brain. If you want restorative shuteye, those waves don’t help. Once you give up alcohol, however, you’ll start feeling more refreshed and sharp.
- Healthier skin: Alcohol also decreases the body’s production of an antidiuretic hormone, which helps the body reabsorb water. (Less water in the body equals dry-looking skin.)
- You will be richer! : Take a moment to sum up what you spend for drinks both at home and out on the town (factoring in tax and tip). Now you get it!!