1) Eat at regular intervals to keep the sugar levels consistent and avoid hypoglycemia.
2) Eat natural – Say no to processed food. Prefer whole grains/splits to flour
3) Eat as much vegetables as you can ,but reduce potato and other starchy veg.
4) Practice portion control.
5) It is important to incorporate exercise into daily lifestyle (5 days of walking for 45 minutes) to maintain sugar levels and induce fat loss and maintain levels.
6) Regular checks on the glucometer are most effective way to monitor the daily food intake and its effect on the sugar levels to determine the right food options for diabetics and the options to be restricted or minimized due to their effect on the sugar levels.
1) Avoid excessive fat intake , try and exclude fried items from your diet totally.
2) Never Skip meals
3) Avoid Alcohol
4) Strictly avoid taking self-prescribed medicine
5) Avoid canned and processed foods.
By: Dr. Amol Raut (CEO, GeneSupport)