Clean Motion, showcased at the ongoing Indo – Swedish Smart City Expo.
– Zbee to address the very critical issue of Last Mile Connectivity in urban metros
– Environment friendly transportation is an integral aspect of Smart Cities
– Clean Motion to be present across all Smart Cities in India
New Delhi May 20th, 2015 — Rapid Urbanization brings with it numerous problems related with development – Urban Planning, Energy, Waste Management and Urban transportation & also Pollution.
Last year, the World Health Organization released a shocking statistic: that 13 of the 20 most-polluted cities in the world were in India – with Delhi topping the list. While India has started monitoring the air quality in ten of its cities, the Indian Government also has announced plans to develop 100 smart cities by 2022. At the ongoing Indo Swedish Expo, where hundreds of Swedish companies are showcasing Swedish expertise and world class state of the art technology, Clean Motion, Sweden’s leading –Electric Vehicle Technology provider showcased Zbee the next generation of super- efficient clean Electric vehicle as a sustainable solution to India’s and Delhi’s last mile connectivity concerns.
Zbee – the Safe, Simple and Efficient public transport system will be seen on the Delhi roads at the famous DLF Place Saket mall, and will connect the Malviya Nagar station to The mall by July 2015. The first cluster of Zbees will have 20 vehicles, with Lithiumbatteries which allow for charging in 20 minutes. A full charge would take less than an hour and will allow for driving for up to 50 kms. Clean Motion will leverage on the support from the Indian government and will work on setting up the backbone for the smooth operations of Zbees.
Said Mr.Göran Folkesson, Clean Motion CEO, “We are eagerly looking forward to the pending MOU on Sustainable Urban development framework, slated to be signed during the president’s visit to Stockholm on June first week and are confident that this step will pave the way for a successful PPP partnerships between the Swedish companies and the Indian states”. This expo is a great initiative and we are happy to be here and showcasing Zbee, which we are confident, will be seen as one of the most energy efficient and environment friendly vehicles to come into India.
Said Mr. Anil Arora, Country Head, Clean Motion India, “Public Transportation, Last Mile Connectivity and Sustainability are going to be key components of Smart Cities. We are happy to announce the pilot project which starts with DLF very soon; and simultaneously we are receiving tremendous interest from many other service providers. I am confident that in a short span of time, we will be able to address the last mile connectivity issues which are plaguing Delhi. As India moves toward investing in creating truly world class infrastructure across its cities, Clean Motion too will expand its reach and be present across all cities which will are to be developed as Smart Cities.”
Awards for Zbee:
– In late 2013, Zbee received two prestigious The WWF Climate Solver and Zennsström Green Mentorship Award.
– Doing well in European Countries and adopted in Indonesia.
– Won the Indian Parivartan Sustainability Award In October 2014.
Some key facts of Zbee:
– Zbee can reach a full charge in less than an hour.
– Three Zbees can fit into a single parking space.
– Zbee is extremely energy efficient. It creates no noise or local pollution.
– It’s operating cost is 30% of the cost of a fossil fuel vehicle.
– To comfortably accommodate 2 people.
– Weighs 230 Kgs / and maximum speed of 45k/ hr