Mothers Key Decision Makers On Child’s Education & Development
Mumbai, 17 June, 2016: In India, 34% fathers in India spend conscious time with their kids daily, revealed a survey by Appystore.in. Owned and promoted by Mauj Mobile, Appystore.in provides subscription based curated content for kids up to 8 years of age.
The survey, undertaken across tier1 and tier 2 cities, drew participation from over 1167 parents. Some key findings of the survey as below:
- 50% of fathers surveys stressed on the importance of extracurricular activities in the development of their child, 21% mothers on the more on extracurricular activities for a child
- More than 4/5th fathers use digital medium to impart new concepts to their kids
- 34% fathers spend conscious time with their kids daily, mothers spends twice as much time with their kids daily
- Mothers are key decision makers with as much as 77% taking unilateral decisions with respect to their child’s education and development
- To check progress of child, 40% fathers compare with other kids. 33% mothers on the other hand rely on teachers at school to check progress of their child
- Nearly 1/5th mothers rely on internet and social media for information to check progress
- Fathers are more indulgent, 73% fathers spend more than Rs. 500 per month on fun learning tools for their child
Mr. Manoj Barot, Director Marketing, Mauj Mobile said, “The survey has shown different approaches to parenting amongst fathers and mothers. As a father myself I can relate to the fact that fathers are increasingly active when it comes to the learning and development of their kids. Appystore consciously understands the new age parenting needs and helps parents give their children the right start they deserve.”
Appystore.in has clocked close to 3.5 million visitors through its mobile site since its launch on December 2014, with more than 1.6 million downloads of videos. The app was launched on the android platform 12 months later in January 2015 has been highly appreciated by parents. The app has and has close to 5000 downloads till date and is rated 4.6 on google play by more than 300 parents.