Ayurveda is one of the most well-known and holistic forms of medicine which evolved in India. And now, this form of medicine is rapidly spreading throughout the world. The term ‘Ayurveda’ is a combination of two Sanskrit word, ‘Ayus’ (life) and ‘Veda’( knowledge), and means knowledge about the life.
According to the basic principle of Ayurveda, human life and health can be improved by following a holistic lifestyle which is possible through Ayurvedic treatments. However, it includes some interesting facts that are still unknown to human. This article aims at those lesser known fact about Ayurvedic treatment which you should know about.
Some interesting fact about Ayurvedic treatment:
- The human body includes different systems but it doesn’t mean that each system requires different specialist doctors. Ayurveda does not aim at individual branches of medical science like dermatology, gastroenterology, etc. So, if one is suffering from several health issues like joint pain, eczema or acidity, he/she can use ayurvedic medicine instead of visiting different specialist. Ayurveda can lower the VATA level which mainly causes such health problems. A single treatment is enough to treat different health issues.
- An Ayurvedic treatment which worked for you does not necessarily mean that it will work for someone else. In fact, the other person may begin facing other health issues after taking a treatment which is not suited for his/her condition. Hence, it is highly advised that one should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner to get the treatment. As per Ayurveda, each person has three principal energies i.e., Kapha, Vata and Pitta. The Ayurvedic practitioner decides the medicine, activity plan as well as diet of the patient based on these energies which varies from people to people.
- Ayurvedic treatment, taken as per the prescription of an Ayurvedic specialist, does not cause any side effects. Ayurvedic medicines are made using natural elements unlike other regular medicines, which is a major reason why it does not cause complications and side effects.
- There are some people who think Ayurvedic treatments are slow in action. But this is not true. Ayurvedic medicine can work faster than compared to the regular medicine. For instance, if one is suffering from constipation, he/she can have Ayurvedic laxative at bedtime and have a clear bowel the following morning.
- Food is a key aspect responsible for proper functioning of the body. And as per the principle of Ayurveda, if one maintains proper ‘Pathya’ (diet), he/she will not require any sort of treatment.
These are some of the less known facts about Ayurveda, which continues to be a popular system of natural healing in its native land as well as other places across the globe.
By: Doctor Sushma Tiwary at Ayushmaan Bhavah.com , Ahemdabad