What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a glass desk in the office?
The materials that are used for the essential elements of office, as are the desks, have not changed much with the passage of time. Generally, the star is the wood that can vary for its different finishes and for the shapes it acquires in the designs of office tables. However, despite the fact that other materials such as different plastic options have tried to gain a foothold in the world of companies, due to their low resistance and lack of elegance, they have not achieved it. Glass is the other option in which more times are thought, but it is discarded because it is feared that it is too fragile or that it may cause risks to the worker in the corner areas.
You should know that none of the questions you have are well oriented. Glass desks are suitable for any type of office, as long as their design and characteristics adapt to the space that is being created for the worker. The current furniture manufactured in this material offers a resistance similar to that of wood with some advantages that you must know before discarding the option. In fact, this finish is highly recommended when you want to convey an image of elegance and transparency within the company.
Why choose a glass desk for your office?
- Aesthetic design: Glass is one of the most elegant materials and manages to convey that image of the company in the office that is used, providing the rooms and offices that equip them with a lot of style.
- Functionality and resistance: Although there is still the myth that the glass is not resistant, the reality is that it is very durable and offers resistance to bumps and scratches. If tempered glass models are chosen, the stability they offer will make it a complex task to break them.
- Combination with other materials: The transparency of the glass makes it a perfect ally for the designer when choosing the tones of other office furniture. Precisely for its neutral color can be combined with any other, and even serve to create environments in various shades without being too heavy.
- Cleaning and care: The glass is very easy to maintain and clean. In fact, for your care you only need a product for crystals and a cloth. No more expensive and complex specific treatments are required as it does in the case of some types of wood.
- Classic lines that do not go out of style: The glass desk is an option that may seem classic for the design of a modern office. However, it will not go out of fashion and can adapt to this style by adding, for example, metalized legs that give it a more avant-garde and up-to-date character.
The fear of choosing a glass desk for the office is based on a belief that furniture manufacturers have already overcome. In fact, the current designs of glass furniture for offices have been manufactured with different techniques that are capable of offering maximum resistance and that adapt to the work for which they are designed. It is not about finishes like those offered in domestic furniture, and in many cases they adopt rounded shapes or curved corners that also avoid the fear that someone may suffer some mishap with them. In that sense, there is nothing to worry about. That’s why if you think that one of these furniture fits into your project both aesthetically and functionally, we encourage you to take advantage of all its advantages over other materials.