The masterclass series featured some of Australia’s most renowned academics including Nobel Laureate Prof Barry Marshall
Mumbai, Tuesday, 6 July 2021: The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) has delivered a Study Australia Masterclass Series of live events under its Australia India Business Exchange program (AIBX). The series has showcased Australia’s expert capability and thought leadership in forefront academic fields to students, parents and industry stakeholders across South Asia.
Some of Australia’s most renowned academics have joined the Study Australia Masterclass Series to talk about global issues defining our future. Over 11000+ students, teachers and key stakeholders from India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh registered for the masterclasses.
The series provided unique opportunities for audiences to hear from some of the brightest minds in Australian education, including Nobel laureate Prof Barry Marshall, and to interact with the professors through a live question and answer format. The Masterclass Series demonstrated Australian higher education proficiencies across four key fields – Health, STEM, Management Strategy and Information Technology.
The masterclasses included in the series were:
- The Exploration of Mars: Opportunities for all, Prof Paulo de Souza, Head of the School of Information and Communication Technology, Griffith University
- Extreme Heat and Global Health – What can we do?, Prof Ollie Jay, Director, Thermal Ergonomics Laboratory, University of Sydney
- Marine Biology in the Tropics – Amazing aquatic athletes in a changing world, Dr Jodie Rummer, Associate Professor of Marine Biology, James Cook University
- Infectious Disease Research and Teaching – Through the eyes of a Nobel Laureate, Nobel Laureate, Professor Barry Marshall, Director, The Marshall Centre for Infectious Diseases Research & Training, The University of Western Australia
- A New Materials Revolution and the Role of STEM, Scientia Professor Veena Sahajwalla, Director, Sustainable Materials Research & Technology Centre, University of New South Wales
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’: How emerging technology and Industry 5.0 will allow us to be more human, Dr Catherine Ball, Associate Professor, School of Engineering, Australian National University (ANU) and
- Strategy in an uncertain world, Mr Vivek Chaudri, Academic Director, Executive MBA Programs, Melbourne Business School, Australia
Speaking about the masterclass series, Ms Catherine Gallagher, Minister Commercial, Australian High Commission, New Delhi and Head of Austrade South Asia said, “Australia and India share a wide-ranging and growing trade and investment partnership across various sectors. Education is one of the closest areas of cooperation between the two countries. The Study Australia Masterclass Series gives students a first-hand opportunity to experience the quality of Australia’s education offering by interacting with some of our brightest minds who are working on important global issues.”
Those who missed the live events can access the series for free via the Study Australia Masterclass Library www.studyaustralia.gov.au/masterclasses