- Launches Bajaj Finserv Health Ltd. (BFHL), a health-tech solutions business, aimed at improving the health outcomes of consumers through smarter, connected and holistic care
- Introduces ‘Aarogya Care’, an industry-first, offering a wide range of Personalized, Preventive and Prepaid Healthcare packages
- Based on a mobile-first approach, ‘Aarogya Care’ integrates the various complementary components of the health ecosystem, to provide ease of access to quality and affordable healthcare, anytime, anywhere
Mumbai, 29th Sept 2020: Bajaj Finserv Ltd, India’s leading financial services conglomerate, today announced the launch of its fully owned subsidiary Bajaj Finserv Health Ltd., (BFHL), a health-tech solutions business, aimed at improving the health outcomes of Indian consumers through smarter, connected and holistic care plans. With this new venture, the lending to insurance provider, has now forayed into the healthcare ecosystem, aiming to disrupt the health segment and make healthcare experience convenient and all-inclusive for consumers.
The new venture, Bajaj Finserv Health, brings to the market its core offering ‘Aarogya Care’, an industry first product, providing Preventive, Personalized, Prepaid health care packages to consumers. With a mobile-first approach, ‘Aarogya Care’ integrates the various complementary components of the health ecosystem, to provide ease of access to quality and affordable healthcare, anytime, anywhere. Powered by the latest innovations in digital health technology, the Bajaj Finserv Health App is like a personalised health manager, offering consumers a digital gateway to access convenient, connected and cost-effective health solutions right at their fingertips.
The comprehensive offering has health insurance coverage from Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and pre-approved Health EMI facility from Bajaj Finance Ltd, to protect consumers from unexpected high medical costs. The company has already empaneled 112 hospital partners, operating 200 hospitals in India, 3 diagnostic and laboratory centres having 671 consumer touch points and over 9,000 doctors registered on the platform. The health care services will be provided by these network partners.
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Ameera Shah – Promoter & MD of Metropolis Healthcare Ltd., said, “It is important to monitor vitals through blood tests to keep a tab on one’s inner Health. By allowing the patient to pre-emptively take care of their well-being through a personalized and customized approach can result in better health outcomes. Often, patients tend to delay seeking medical care for ailments, but we hope that the prepaid approach can circumvent this situation. These benefits will be offered to both Bajaj Finserv Health and Metropolis customers through this Partnership.”
Dr. Sanjay Arora, Founder & MD of Suburban Diagnostics added, “India today has a huge gap between demand and supply when it comes to accessing quality healthcare. The gap is only getting stretched which is negatively impacting healthcare outcomes for the society. Added to this is the challenge of “out of pocket” expenses for most healthcare needs. The trend must be reversed through technology, use of data and through personalized and preventive care. If we can ease the expense element via prepayment, it fulfills the basic health needs of the common man. Bajaj Finserv is ideally suited to build the bridge of access to the population that will immediately benefit from any medical support intervention.”
Bajaj Finserv Health Mobile App. Features:
- Search and book appointment from a list of 9,000 doctors, by speciality or symptoms
- Conduct tele-consultation and avail prescription
- Book appointment for diagnostic test including Covid test at network diagnostic centres
- Conduct heath risk assessment to help personalize and buy Aarogya Care health plans
- Besides, tracking their health records, customers can also access pre-approved Health EMI facility from Bajaj Finance Ltd., BFHL has also launched ‘Health Prime’ – a unique loyalty program where a customer can avail a wide range of discounts from the network providers
With the combined strength and capability of the group businesses, a large pool of over 120 MM consumer franchise, largest Health EMI financing and industry best claim pay-out experiences, Bajaj Finserv is uniquely positioned to service the needs of consumers with differentiated solutions.
And, with its latest entry into the health-tech space, the fragmented health ecosystem in India is all set to witness the next wave of disruption, through smarter healthcare solutions.