New Delhi, 6th August, 2021: Vedanta Aluminium Business, India’s largest producer of aluminium and value-added products, employee Toshit Trivedi secures the coveted All India Rank 1 in the prestigious UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Examination-2020. Toshit has been working as a geologist at Chotia mines, based at Vedanta’s Chhattisgarh based-subsidiary, Bharat Aluminium Company (BALCO). Hailing from Banswara, Rajasthan, Toshit has completed his Post Graduation from Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and was a gold medalist in both UG & PG courses. This was his first attempt at the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist exam. He aspires to join the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines, Government of India, as a Scientific Officer ‘Group A’, and contribute towards the socio-economic development of the country.
Extending his congratulations, Mr. Abhijit Pati, CEO & Director, BALCO, said, “Toshit is a very talented and focused young man, who is determined to make a difference with his professional aspirations. The BALCO family is immensely proud of his superlative achievement, and we wish him the best in his career! At BALCO, we firmly believe that our people are our greatest assets and strive to enable them for fulfilling their personal and professional aspirations by providing a meaningful, supportive, and empowering environment. Toshit is an illustrious example of the quality of our talent pool, and we are committed to the holistic growth and development of our entire workforce.”
Highly motivated and jubilant after his stellar success, Toshit says, “I am deeply thankful to my parents, teachers, colleagues and friends for their constant support and motivation. I am grateful and privileged to have been a part of this esteemed organization and take this opportunity to thank Vedanta and BALCO for all the support and cooperation that they have extended throughout my journey here. Working as a geologist with the Chotia team gave me a sound technical exposure. With that enriching experience to guide me, I look forward to serving the nation to the best of my abilities.”
Vedanta Aluminium fosters a Culture of Care that extends to its people, communities, and the environment. The company has adopted global best-in-class practices and cutting-edge technologies to propel its endeavors towards the same. An equal opportunity employer and a strong advocate for diversity at workplace, BALCO has deployed Vedanta’s best-in-industry talent management programs and rewards & recognition schemes for its employees. Few examples:
- Vice Chairman’s Internal Growth Workshop, a robust programme for identifying high potential employees early on in their careers and giving them enhanced roles and responsibilities, followed by a structured review mechanism to map their growth and performance. 1000+ leaders have been groomed via this initiative across various businesses.
- V-REACH (Graduate Development Programme), a programme that seeks to identify and develop young leaders from the graduate employees’ cadre and map them to significantly elevated roles.
- V-LEAD (Diversity Development Programme) to identify highly potential women candidates early on and groom them into leadership roles.
- Equal opportunity employer – Vedanta’s ethos of gender-agnostic job roles have seen the company become India’s first to have women as mine managers, a feat of true women empowerment.
- ACT-UP, a talent identification assessment programme, is conducted company-wide each year through which hundreds of ‘Business Stars’ and ‘Technical Stars’ are identified for accelerated career development with customized Individual Development Plans (IDP).
- Through V-CONNECT, a robust mentorship programme, Vedanta has mapped each high potential employee with a mentor to guide them through a personal and professional development journey.
- Chairman’s Awards and CEO’s Awards have been instituted to acknowledge exemplary contribution by employees to further the organizational goals.
Vedanta Aluminium Business, a division of Vedanta Limited, is India’s largest manufacturer of aluminium, producing half of India’s aluminium i.e., 1.96 million tonnes in FY21. It is a leader in value-added aluminium products that find critical applications in core industries. With its world-class Aluminium Smelters, Alumina Refinery and Power Plants in India, the company fulfils its mission of spurring emerging applications of aluminium as the ‘Metal of the Future’ for a greener tomorrow.