India is the mother country of yoga. Yoga and meditation is not merely a “trend” which is made popular. This practice has been around for centuries. Both can be equated to sisters- they may be different but both are grounded in spirituality and their benefits on mind and body.
India is certainly a dream destination for many yogis, but with so many ashrams and courses, how do you make a choice sagaciously? So, we have drafted a report of some of the best yoga destinations to rejuvenate your body, mind, and soul.
- Himachal Pradesh: Framed by majestic snow, clad mountains and charming towns, the state, Himachal Pradesh, has an appeal that spellbinds travellers. Dharamshala is the most loved yoga destination in Himachal. Shiva yoga valley sited on the upper Dharamshala, Mcleodganj provides you to learn techniques of power yoga, hatha yoga, kundalini yoga and many more.
- Kerala: Being one of the most visited places in India, because of the stunning peaceful ambience that soothes a person’s body and soul, it a great place to go for yoga vacations as well. Following the path of Swami Sivananda, the Sivananda Yoga Ashram is sited in the capital itself. The yoga holidays include two daily vegetarian meals, Satsangs and a morning Karma Yoga Class and afternoon asana class.
- Bihar: Yoga is a lifestyle and not a practice at the Bihar School of Yoga located in Munger of Bihar. If you want to recharge yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually as well, this is the place for you. Phones, alcohol, smoking and non-vegetarian food are a big NO! The school provides yoga therapy classes with Hatha, Raja, Kriya, as well as deep meditation classes called Yoga Nidra.
- Tamil Nadu: The beautiful state, Tamil Nadu, houses an awe-so-pretty oodles of west coast destinations is another place for a yoga filled holiday. Sadhguru is perhaps the most popular living Indian Guru nowadays. The Isha Yoga Center sited in the foothills of Velliangiri Mountain offers various types of traditional yoga, including Hatha Yoga, Upayoga and Kriya Yoga, as well as Aum and Shoonya Meditations.
- West Bengal: West Bengal’s capital city, Kolkata, is yet another fabulous place to visit. This place adheres a number of yoga centres, but the most famous is the Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana. This place inculcates various forms of yoga in a traditional manner. Plan a stay here for a week and practice forms of yoga and meditation to get an outcome.