Women in Leadership: Achieving an equal future in Covid’19 World.
New Delhi: Public Diplomacy Forum in association with Narmadeshwari, Tatsat Foundation, Governance Now and Business World celebrated the spirit of being a woman at the 14th Edition of UN designated International Women’s Day Awards on 8th March 2021, Hotel Claridges- New Delhi. 8th March International Women’s Day is a time to reflect on progress made, to call for change and to celebrate acts of courage and determination by ordinary women, who have played an extraordinary role in the history of their countries and communities. The event hosted by Mrs. Ratan Kaul and Aruna Oswal is one in a series of high-profile events showcasing the diverse culture, art, literature that our capital city has to offer for the discerning aesthete!
On this occasion, Mr.Tharoor said, “It is wonderful to recognize and honor so many distinguished achievers in different fields. There really is nothing a man can do that a woman cannot do better!”
Padma Vibhushan Dr. Sonal Mansingh ji, shared a new perspective that International Men’s Day should also be celebrated.
Ms. Aruna Oswal Chairperson, Aruna Abhay Oswal trust expressed that Every woman has got something in her ~ a unique quality that needs to be discovered.
Founder President, Public Diplomacy Forum, Mrs Ratan Kaul said “Empowering women and girls is the only way to protect their rights and make sure they can realize their full potential”
Ms. Sumi Gupta, Director, Tatsat Foundation, stated that “Today women are encompassing the entire world, without “Naari Shakti” Universe is incomplete, today they are not just At Par bur they are excelling in every field”.
The event was also followed by expressing the intriguing and profound contribution of women in every field.
The Guests of the Honour for the evening were:
•Honourable Padama Vibhushan & Rajya Sabha MP, Dr. Sonal Mansingh ji
• Honourable Dr Shashi Tharoor
• Shri Dinesh K Patnaik (Director General at ICCR)
• Smt. Tara Gandhi
• Smt. Aruna Oswal (Chairperson, Aruna Abhay Oswal Trust)
• Dr. Annurag Batra (Chairman of Business World)
List of Awardees 2021:
1. Anjalee Kapoor – Fashion Designer
2. Asha Kamal Modi – Jewellery Designer
3. Jyotika Jhalani – Fashion Entrepreneur
4. Karishhma Lamba – Motivational Blogger (GirlonHotWheels)
5. Neelima Dalmia Adhar – Author
6. Neha Khanna – Media
7. Riya Rastogi – Legal Professional
8. Saskia Rao – Music
9. Shilani Sadh – Digital Diva
10. Shaunali Nanda – Interior Design
11. Sutapa Basu – Publishing
12. Sumi Gupta – CSR Advisory