- 1 cup Boneless Chicken (cubes of 1-2 inch)
- 1 cup Boiled Rice
- ½ cup Boiled Rajma (Black Beans)
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil (preferably Olive Oil)
- ½ cup Boiled Corns
- ½ cup Bell Peppers (Red/Yellow/Green) sliced
- 4-5 Cabbage/lettuce Leaves
- ½ cup Tomatoes (cubes of ½ inch)
- To taste Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Chilli Flakes (more if your prefer spicy)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Oregano/Pizza Seasoning
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp Del Monte Garlic Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Pizza Pasta Sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha/Peri Peri/spicy sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp Hummus (optional)
- Prepare the chicken– Season the chicken with salt, red chilli powder & lime and let it rest for at least 1 hour. In a sauce pan/ grill pan heat some oil. Now, grill the chicken until it’s well-cooked from all sides, by flipping it in between. Cut the chicken into slices once done.
- To know if the chicken is cooked– The colour of the chicken should be a medium brown on all sides and using a fork try pulling it apart, it should cut easily.
- Prepare the Rajma/Black beans- In a bowl mix together the boiled black beans/rajma with 1 tsp each of Cumin Powder, Lemon Juice, Garlic Powder and Oregano. Add pinch of pepper, salt and chilli flakes. Add Del Monte Garlic Mayonnaise, Pizza-pasta sauce and 1 tsp of the spice sauce- Sriracha/Peri Peri. Mix well.
- Preparing Vegetables-Slice the bell peppers, chop in ½ inch cubes the tomato, tear apart the lettuce/cabbage to make leaves smaller. You can choose to mix them in a bowl with some oil, salt and pepper or keep them separate to make a beautiful Buddha bowl look.
- Plating the Burrito Bowl-Take a medium-large sized bowl and at the bottom add a layer of rice, covering half the bowl. Now on top of it, visually divide the space and add each item next to each other. Start with the prepared black beans/rajma, place the boiled corns next to it, place the chopped vegetables, add in tbsp. of hummus and lastly add the grilled chicken slices. Sprinkle some oregano, cumin powder and pepper on top.
Top with some extra serving of Del Monte Garlic Mayonnaise and some fresh basil/coriander.