- Digit Insurance appointed 5 Nodal officers specially to look over the claims related to the disaster from Tauktae and Yaas cyclones.
- Amidst the Coronavirus scare, Digit offered a Zero-touch Claims enabled by Audio Claims, Soft-copy Document submission & 24*7 customer care assistance.
Bengaluru, 24 June 2021: Digit Insurance, the fastest unicorn of 2021, took quick steps to settle claims received from the disaster caused by the Tauktae and Yaas cyclones, affecting major parts of Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, West Bengal and Odisha
A month post the cyclones, the damage has wrecked lives and properties across the affected states and claims are still seen to be pouring. The cyclones claimed over 100 lives. Cyclone Yaas is estimated to have caused over Rs.20 Crore in West Bengal alone and over Rs.610 Crore in Odisha.
Digit Insurance took swift steps to ease out the claims process for victims and their families to settle claims at the earliest.
Steps taken by Digit
- Digit appointed 5 Nodal officers for Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, West Bengal and Odisha to supervise and coordinate the entire operation.
- Adequate number of surveyors had been engaged immediately in the affected areas.
- Digit kept the customers who have claimed regularly updated through emails and SMSs.
- Digit’s helplines were available 24*7 to register claims related to damage in the Tauktae and Yaas cyclones.
- To tackle the Coronavirus scare, Digit offered a complete Zero-touch claims process to customers with a seamless online experience.
- In case of a total loss which requires a manual surveyor, Digit kept the customers updated on when the claim can be taken up.
- Digit had also kept local teams notified about the damage severity before both the cyclones struck to keep them prepared for the upcoming claims.
Digit Insurance’s Zero-Touch Claims Process is completely digital and paperless with Audio Claims which removes the need to fill any forms, no hardcopies needed to be sent for claim proofs, and a smartphone-enabled self-inspection app that helps customers inspect their vehicles themselves. Plus, the use of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Image Analytics helps Digit in approvals/processing of the claims post inspection and therefore fastening the overall claims settlement process for products like motor.
Vivek Chaturvedi, Chief Marketing Officer, Digit Insurance, said, “This year saw two super cyclones along with the second way of the pandemic. In such times, as insurers our aim was to mitigate any further hassle for our customers if they suffered a loss, and settle their insurance claims as seamlessly as possible. Therefore, we ensured that we could settle claims at the earliest and be available to our customers 24*7.”
Digit Insurance took swift and quick actions to abide by directives given by the regulator for Tauktae and Yaas cyclones claims to help its customers.