For many Indians and International tourists, Goa is the place of ‘Zen and Peace’. From awesome beaches to forts, churches, national parks, markets, backwaters, there are definitely many things one can find in Goa. There’s nothing short of fun-filled things you can do here in this tiny little state. In fact, it would be difficult to visit all these awesome places in just one day even if you have a guide to take and show you. If you’re in the mood for a vacation that would get you laid back down, then visiting Goa would not be even a surprise destination. From the exquisite beach to the one-of-a-kind Mumbai-Goa cruise, these are some of the best and newest attractions one can find and do in Goa.
- Calangute Beach – North Goa’s largest beach and also described by many as ‘Queen of Beaches in Goa’, this beach attracts thousands of locals and international tourists each year. The combination and collaboration of this beach along with Baga, Anjuna and Candolim stretch about 6.5kms, so you can so know why it is called as the ‘Queen of Beaches’. Here, you can’t expect anything less. You can enjoy an early sunrise or sunset while enjoying the breeze and sound of waves coming from the ocean. November to March is the ideal time or months to visit this beach. There are a few good beach restaurants consisting of sun beds, local markets for shopping, and a few clubs as well. However, Calangute Beach is mostly focused on families as clubs and bars usually shut down at around 10 pm.
- Baga Beach – Another popular beach and destination in Goa is the Baga beach. Bordered by Calangute beach, the Baga Beach is quite popular for offering beach shacks along with delicious sea-food offered. This beach is usually known for the best clubs like Tito’s and Mambos, which makes nightlife in Baga more exciting than the others. For shopping, you must visit Mackie’s Night Bazaar. The nightlife is not the only spotlight of Baga Beach. You can also do sunbathing, or have a quiet leisure in the morning or late evening. This beach is also great for the wide array of watersport activities. Kayaking, snorkeling, parasailing, windsurfing, waterskiing and plenty of more activities are offered on this golden brown sandy beach. However, due to strong and unpredictable tidal waves, visiting this beach during high tide must be avoided for your safety.
- Basilica of Bom Jesus – A short bus trip of around 9 km from Panjim, Basilica of Bom Jesus isn’t just a normal site or tourist attraction. It is a part of UNESCO World Heritage Site that has been attracting many tourists for Goa’s. Also called as St. Francis Xavier Tomb, this amazing church is India’s first minor Basilica that defines the amazing architecture of Baroque. This amazing architecture is made out of granite in the style of Corinthian and Doric. It is said that this church is dedicated to St. Francis Xavier who died while traveling to China in 1552. The most remarkable story states that his remains were transferred the next year to Goa which was found to be as fresh as new after his burial. His body now lies inside a coffin which can be witnessed inside. Legend also says that saint has the capability of healing the injured or the sick people. During the time of healing his body can be viewed from the closest range once in every 10 years. Previously it happened in 2014, now you can expect the same in 2024.
- Angriya Cruise – Visiting Goa from Mumbai just got even better. Not just traditionally, many tourists visit Goa either by their private cars, trains, bus or plane. Now, they can visit Goa by a cruise ship. This Mumbai-Goa cruise is the newest introduction of in India that allows tourists to cruise the sea, completing the journey in about 14 hours. Yes, 14 hours sounds a bit boring, but your time on this amazing cruise will never be that. You will definitely be pampered by what this cruise has to offer. Inside, there are about 6 bars to have a great time with your buddies or socialize and meet new people. If you ever go hungry then there are 2 restaurants that serve some of the finest food to its guests. There’s also a conference room if you have that last-minute office work to finish. A party room is also available to celebrate a grand party. The rooms are equipped with top-class cabins and beds depending on your choice. So, get set, book online Mumbai-Goa cruise tickets and cruise like never before.
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls – Located on Goa’s Mandovi River, the Dudhsagar waterfalls is one of the best attractions of Goa. It is also India’s tallest waterfalls as it is 1,017 feet in length and 30 feet wide. There are different levels to reach this gigantic waterfall with each level you can only access it via a government jeep or walking trail. During the monsoons, however, this attraction remains closed due to rainfalls and low visibility. This is a four-tiered waterfall located in between the borders of Goa and Karnataka and has been a very popular attraction amongst tourists especially for those who love hiking.