The Performance Index includes two new monetization-driven rankings — vital information in a freemium-driven app ecosystem
- Facebook ads stands #1 in non-gaming vertical for In-App purchases in India
- For APAC region, Facebook Ads holds top position for remarketing in both gaming and non-gaming verticals
- With domination in Android devices, Google drives unrivalled scale across the globe, particularly in APAC
- For India alone, SHAREit emerged as the fastest-growing media source, capturing the top spot.
Bengaluru, October 20, 2020 – AppsFlyer, the global attribution leader, today released the 11th edition of its Performance Index. According to the report, Google Ads is the undisputed leader in Mobile App Advertising in the Indian Subcontinent and took the top spot in Gaming for both volume and power ranking ads. On the global front, both Google Ads and Facebook continue to dominate mobile advertising, grabbing a significant share of the organic install market.An analysis of the Indian Subcontinent reveals that homegrown platforms Collectcent (4th), IndusOS (5th) and Pokkt (11th) have shown continuous growth and strong performance, figuring in the top 15 rankings in the Growth and Performance Index in India. This further showcases that Indian firms are moving at an accelerated pace to compete with global players. They’ve demonstrated serious potential growth outside of India in the global marketplace and have raised the bar with their adoption of deep-tech and automation, in order to deliver high-performing mobile campaigns
“Since 2015, our Performance Index has become the industry’s go-to source for validity and reliability when choosing media partners. We are particularly ecstatic that in this edition, five homegrown Indian firms are proving to be even more globally competitive – thriving amid the pandemic on the back of their unique retention strategies. Performance Index XI is our most comprehensive to-date. We are thrilled to offer such robust insights to marketers, especially considering that more and more apps today heavily rely on in-app purchases and ad monetization to drive revenue,” said Sanjay Trisal, Country Manager, AppsFlyer India.
COVID-19 had a huge impact on mobile apps, but not on media source rankings
While the novel coronavirus has had a significant impact on apps and the entire ecosystem, the impact of the pandemic on media source rankings was marginal. The only exception was Apple Search Ads. Organic growth in the App Store led marketers to start and increase their app store optimization efforts, bringing Apple Search Ads to the front, driving impressive growth and strong performance.
The 11th edition of AppsFlyer’s Performance Index is the most segmented till date with 495 media networks sliced by region, platform, and category. Overall, dition 11 covers 27 billion installs, and 58 billion app opens of over 14000 apps. For the first time, thanks to AppsFlyer’s unrivalled scale, the Performance Index incorporates the In-App Purchase Index and the In-App Advertising Index- two new granular monetization-driven rankings per region and category.
Other Key takeaways from the report:
- Facebook hits #1 position in Mobile App advertising globally
- Chinese media companies dominate global growth rankings with 5 of the top 7 spots
- An analysis of the cost of media shows that Google has a slightly higher cost in APAC compared to Facebook
- Diving deeper into the regional level under Shopping, Twitter sees duopoly along with Facebook for app remarketing in APAC region
To access the full version of the latest AppsFlyer Performance Index, please visit: https://www.appsflyer.com/performance-index/edition-xi-press/