Are you NRI and want to book tickets for Indian Railways? Then this guide is best for you. It’s very easy just follow the guide carefully. Indian Railways facilitates Foreign Tourists (including NRIs) by introducing Foreign Quota facility. Now all the Foreign Tourists and NRI’s who having valid passport can avail the Foreign Tourist Quota facility for booking railway tickets .
Step By step Guide for booking Railway Tickets :-
- Visit IRCTC eTicketing website irctc.co.in.
- If you are a new user then you have to register on irctc.co.in by the guidelines given on the website homepage.
- If you are an old user then you have to register on IRCTC website and login with your details.
- Now both old and new user have to update their profile by giving updated details
- A mobile verification is compulsory to both type of users. You have to provide your international mobile number and verify it. You must have to submit the received OTP to complete the verification process.
- Now select Foreign Tourist Ticket Booking link under Services section on IRCTC eTicketing dashboard.
- You can book tickets under Foreign Tourist Quota upto 365 days in advance.
- Executive Class (EC), 1st AC (1A) and 2nd AC (2A) are the available classes under Foreign Quota.
- You have to enter valid Passport number of each passenger at the time of booking tickets.
- User get SMS notifications for all the process from IRCTC on their registered mobile number.
- Foreign Tourist can use any one of two modes for the payment of ticket booking amount International Debit/Credit card.
- Once the transaction got completed and After successful payment, Confirmation Booking SMS and confirmation mail will be sent on registered mobile number and e-mail id respectively.
Points should be Remember!
- Registration and profile updation (mobile number) fee for International /NRI User is Rs. 100 + GST per profile.
- Service Charge for each rail ticket of Rs 200 + GST is addition to Rail Ticket fare is charged under Foreign Tourist Quota through IRCTC eTicketing website.
- In case of ticket cancellation by User due to any reason, 50% of the fare shall be deducted in addition to the cancellation charges.
- If there is a case that berth is not allotted by Railway PRS system to the user, then ticket will be automatically cancelled. Cancellation SMS and Cancellation Email with details will be sent to the user on registered mobile number and email id respectively.
- In any case transaction reported as failed but booking amount has been debited from customer’s bank account and ticket was not issued to him, then IRCTC will refund the entire Fare and IRCTC service charges electronically (as credit to the relevant credit /debit card account used for the transaction) directly to the customer’s account which is used during the ticket booking.
- All refund will be processed as per extant Railway Refund Rules.