With the ongoing heat and humid temperature, you are preparing for a summer-ready skin and getting your body beach ready. Aloe Vera here plays a multipurpose ingredient to make your skin all set to face the hottest season of the year. It not only helps in treating all kinds of diseases but also helps in benefiting our skin such as enhancing the skin glow, brightening the skin, exfoliating, getting rid of acne and pimples and so on. Aloe Vera leaf juice is rich in water, antioxidant, having anti inflammatory effect and antimicrobial qualities.
So it’s helps in
1. Skin moisturisation
2. Helps in getting rid of acne
3. Reduces pigments
4. Heal sunburns
5. Acts as an Anti ageing agent
Many royal families in India and also abroad, used and have been using Aloe Vera as a part of their daily beauty regime. Cleopatra was believed to use aloe vera daily as part of her beauty regimen. The plant has properties which enhances the skin glow. Many beauty products have aloe vera in their composition thereby making the skin soft and supple along with getting the baby soft fresh skin. Aloe vera is also known to soothe sunburns and boosts blood flow, which heals wounds faster thereby removing the dead and unwanted skin. The cooling effect of aloe vera makes it one of the finest remedies to soothe sunburn.
DIY skincare recipes using Aloe Vera gel:
Aloe vera gel and lemon juice have a great beauty benefit. Both help minimize stretch marks and reduce dark spots and blemishes. They also help heal acne and acne scars.
- Take a aloe vera leaf and cut at the base
- Wash the leaf under running water
- Sqeeze out the gel into a bowl
- Mash the aloe vera gel with 2-3 drops of lemon juice and prepare a face mask
- Apply the Aloe Vera mask on the face and neck and massage lightly, avoiding the eyes
- Let it sit on your skin for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply moisturizer
- Apply this mask at least three times a week to clear away and breakouts, even out the skin tone and prevent new acne from forming
By: Dr Soni Gupta (Dermatologist Max hospital)