If you love pizza, then you might have been wondering about some ways to make it healthier, so that you can eat it often. So, the first thing that comes to our mind is replacing the dough. Refined flour or Maida is bad for routine consumption. However, this doesn’t mean that you cannot enjoy pizza. You can make pizza with wheat flour as well. In this post, we have brought a fantastic pizza recipe that you can follow and make pizza at home from scratch. Though you might not achieve the level of a restaurant like Pizza Hut, you can certainly enjoy some happy time with your family and console your pizza cravings. If your pizza doesn’t turn out fine, worry not, grab some goodies such as Pizza Hut Friday Offer and make the most of your’ work from home’ weekend!
Given below is a simple recipe that can be followed to make the vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian pizzas as all you have to do is to add the toppings you like. If you want to regulate the number of calories, you can reduce the amount of cheese you add to your pizzas. So, don’t let the lockdown make you unable to enjoy the pizza. Follow the recipe to make one at home and dig-in!
Make Vegetarian Pizza at home – Recipe Card:
- Prep Time: 2.30 hours
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Total time required in the making: Roughly 3 hours
- Serves: 2 People
Ingredients for making the Pizza Dough:
- Warm Water
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Yeast 1 tbsp
- Wheat Flour 2 cups
- Olive Oil
Ingredients for Pizza Toppings
- Pizza Sauce 3 tbsp
- 2 Onions (medium-sized) chopped and diced
- 6 to 7 mushrooms (sliced thinly)
- 1 capsicum (medium-sized) chopped into dices
- Jalapenos to taste and as per availability
- 4 black olives chopped into slices
- Grated mozzarella cheese or processed cheese
- Oregano or mixed herb spices or Italian Pizza seasoning
Recipe for making Wheat Pizza at Home:
Take a deep mixing bowl and add warm water, sugar, and dry yeast to it. Mix all of them quickly. Allow this mixture of yeast and sugar to stand for 5 minutes or so. This will activate the yeast spores.
Add all-purpose flour, Olive oil and salt. Add small amounts of water slowly and knead a soft dough.
Tuck the dough in the form of a ball and cover the bowl with clean polythene. As the weather is toggling between hot and cold currently, you must put the dough in a warm place for raising the dough. Let it stay as-is for around 2 hours or so. You will see that the dough has doubled from the previous size.
Take out the risen dough and punch it to release the excess air.
How to Start Baking?
Dust a pizza plate or tray or pan and flatten the dough with both hands. Create a dent on the sides and using a fork, prick the center of the dough.
Spread the pizza sauce uniformly and place all the toppings on it. Sprinkle the grated cheese generously and bake the pizza for 12 to 15 minutes at 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the pizza and serve hot with a beverage of your choice.
You can also put the pizza on a Tawa or Non-Stick Pan and cover it with a lid. Cook it on medium-low flame for 20 to 25 minutes. You can also remove the lid and check in-between to see the progress of cooking.
How to cook a Wheat Pizza with non-vegetarian toppings
If you want to eat a non-vegetarian pizza, all you have to do is replace the toppings with your favorite meat, and place them on the flattened pizza dough. However, meat toppings might consume more time in getting cooked. So, you must check the cooking progress for the same.
Finally, take out a warm, aromatic, and cheesy pizza from your oven and enjoy!
Well, this is all it takes to make a wheat pizza at home.
If you wish to enjoy an authentic experience, then try to use the best ingredients and don’t compromise with the quality of spices you use for making pizza. Using a pizza base from the market will not help you in this department, and your pizza might not turn out very tasty. Also, the readymade pizza base is made with refined flour, so it cannot help you make a healthy pizza.
Instead of using the pizza sauce, use marinara. You can make the marinara at home from scratch. When cooked right, the taste of your pizza will be enhanced with the marinara.
Further, you can add fried eggs on the pizza and make yet another simple pizza with a fantastic topping.
Important Points to remember while making pizza at home
- If you wish to bake a pizza on Tawa, the time required for both the baking and cooking will vary a lot.
- You can choose the pizza toppings as per your likes and even add natural spices such as the basil leaves, for adding extra flavor.
- You can freeze the leftover dough in an airtight container or in a zip lock bag after greasing with oil. This will remain in good condition for a month at least. So, you can make a pizza with the dough whenever you want.
- Always remember to knead the dough very well so as to make the pizza soft otherwise, the pizza will turn out chewy and not soft.
- Also, ensure that the baking of the homemade pizza is done in a very hot oven which has been preheated; otherwise, the pizza base will stay undercooked and even raw.
Well, this completes our recipe for the homemade wheat flour pizza. Do give it a try, and if your pizza doesn’t turn out fine, share your issues with us in the comment section. We will surely reach out to help you.