Kunwar Danish Ali is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament from the Lok Sabha constituency of Amroha in the state of Uttar Pradesh. He is a member of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP). In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Danish Ali defeated his nearest rival Kanwar Singh Tanwar of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) by a margin of more than 60k votes. Kanwar Singh Tanwar had earlier won from Amroha in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
One of the key reasons for Danish Ali’s win was that he had fought the 2019 elections as part of Mahagathbandhan (or Grand Alliance). This alliance was formed by Mayawati (Bahujan Samaj Party) and Akhilesh Yadav (Samajwadi Party). There were several other parties that were part of this alliance. The purpose of the alliance was to create a third force to challenge BJP and Congress. However, as election results showed, the alliance failed to achieve desired results. Danish Ali was among the few that emerged victorious, as part of the alliance.
Early Life and Education
Kunwar Danish Ali was born on April 10, 1975 to Shri Kunwar Jafar Ali and Smt. Nafees Jafar. He was born in Hapur, a city located in Uttar Pradesh. His educational qualifications include B.Sc. (Hon.) and M.A. (Pol. Sc.). He received education at Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi. On January 15, 2005, he married Zubia Danish. By professional, Danish is an agriculturist and social worker.
Before joining BSP, Danish Ali was with Janata Dal (Secular). It was in 2019 that he joined BSP. His exit from JD (S) and entry into BSP was approved by H.D. Kumaraswamy, former chief minister of Karnataka.
Throughout his social and political career, Danish Ali has strived to promote interactions between people of various religions, castes and linguistic and ethnic groups. He has also been playing a key role in facilitating promotion of Indian languages and literature. Danish believes that states and nation can benefit immensely if people learn to live in harmony with each other.
- May, 2019: Elected to 17th Lok Sabha
- 20 June 2019 – 12 Dec. 2019: Special Invitee, Business Advisory Committee
- 24 July 2019 onwards: Member, Committee on Estimates
- 24 July 2019 – 30 April 2020: Member, Committee on Public Undertakings
- 13 Sept. 2019 – 12 Sept. 2020: Member, Standing Committee on Industry
- 09 Oct. 2019 onwards: Member, Committee on Ethics
- 6 Nov. 2019 – 13 Jan. 2020: Leader, B. S. P. Legislative Party, Lok Sabha
- 21 Nov. 2019 onwards: Member, General Purposes Committee, Lok Sabha
- 13 Sept. 2020 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Defence; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs
Danish Ali is actively involved in various projects that seek to improve public health and education. He has also done work to help marginalized communities and orphans. His other interests include reading and travelling.