Customer expansion exceeds 200% with industry leading-platform for Hadoop
New Delhi, December 11, 2014 –MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the top-ranked distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, today announced that in November 2014, the number of companies that have a paid subscription for MapR now exceeds700.In addition to the increase in number of customers, existing MapR customers increased their current subscriptions resulting in a dollar-based net expansion rate of more than 200%for the quarter ended September 30, 20141.
“We’ve built a mature, fast growing company based on an innovative technology platform that helps some of the world’s largest companies harness the power of data and a business model architected for long-term success,” said John Schroeder, chief executive officer and co-founder, MapR Technologies. “We’re extremely confident we’ll continue to execute on our vision, clearly positioning our customers for continued growth and success in this quickly expanding market.”
Later today, Mr. Schroeder will participate in the Barclays 2014 Global Technology Conference to highlight the company’s differentiated strategy.
MapR continues to execute its business strategy, adding leading partners, seasoned industry talent and demonstrating substantial customer growth around the world. A few recent highlights:
- Teamed with SAP to integrate the real-time deep analytics of SAP HANA with the production-ready, top-ranked MapR Distribution including Apache Hadoop.
- Expanded partnership with Teradata, the big data analytics and marketing applications company, in which Teradata will integrate the MapR Distribution and services to create best-in-class unified solutions for data warehousing, Hadoop, discovery platforms, and NoSQL.
- Continued growth in vertical markets. As of November 2014, MapR has one or more customers in eight vertical markets that have purchased more than one million dollars of MapR software and services. These vertical markets are advertising/media, financial services, healthcare, internet, information technology, retail, security, and telecom.
- Added former EVP and CMO of Sun Microsystems, Anil Gadre, as Senior Vice President of Product Management. Gadre brings more than 20 years of experience building and marketing innovative enterprise software products.
- A recent survey of MapR customers conducted by Tech Validate indicated a majority of MapR customers experienced payback in less than 12 months and greater than 5X returns on their investment.
(1) Dollar-based net expansion rate compares our subscription revenue from the same customers from one period to the next. We measure dollar-basednet expansion rate on a quarterly basis because many of our customers expandtheir subscriptions frequently. To calculate our dollar-based net expansion rate, we first establish the base quarter revenue from all subscription-based revenue during such quarter. We then calculate the subscription-based revenue from those same customers the quarter ending the following year; then divide that recent quarter’s revenue from subscriptions by the base quarter’s revenue from subscriptions to arrive at our net expansion rate.