Some of the reasons why this is fixture is crucial for both the teams include :
- After the heart breaking loss to Chennaiyin F.C in their previous home match, the blasters will be looking to put in a good performance and pick up 3 priceless points.
- A win for the Blasters tomorrow would see them take a big step towards making the final 4. The Blasters are aware that their final league match is also going to be at home but want to seal their qualification as quickly as possible
- The Blasters have scored a meager 8 goals in their 12 league matches so far. Their strikers need to start firing now as Ian Hume is the only striker who comes out with any credit; having score d 3 goals and provided 2 assists in 11 appearances. CS Sabeeth & Andrew Barisic are yet to open their accounts ..
- Kerala will look to lock out NEUFC as both defenders Sandesh Jhingan & Cedric Hengbart are in good form.
- The Blasters will also hope that David James has recovered from his minor injury and is fit to take his position between the sticks. The former premier league record breaker has been in scintillating form of late.
- Consequently, a loss for NEUFC will result in their elimination from the final 4. Nothing but victory will do for them now in order to maintain their very faint hopes of qualifying
- This is the final away match for NEUFC this season. Will want to go out and try and take 3 points..
- NEUFC will be looking to TP Rehenesh, Kondwani Mtonga & Koke to provide fresh impetus to NEUFC’s fading chances of making the final 4.