Are you expecting your bundle of joy soon? Do you want to have sex while you are in your third trimester? Many pregnant couples think that having sex during pregnancy can harm their baby in the womb and may lead to some complications. Many of you may have mixed thoughts when it comes to havingsex during pregnancy. Well most of the time, if you do not have any complications, it is safe to have sex. But still, you need to have a clear picture regarding the pros and cons of having pregnant sex.
There are many benefits to having sex while pregnant. So, let’s understand the benefits first.
Orgasm is way better when you are pregnant
This is probably the best fact about having pregnant sex. During pregnancy, you will get a better orgasm sensation. You heard it right! Your orgasm is much stronger while you are pregnant. Since during this time blood flow is increased in the pelvic region, this also increases the sensitivity down there. With high sensitivity, you get super intense orgasms every time. It is just one of the awesome things you get during pregnancy.
Your baby can feel that you are having sex
Surprised to know this? But it is true. Your baby in your belly can feel when you are having sex. But don’t think that your partner is going to poke the baby during intercourse. Your baby can feel the vibrationsand muscle reactionsfrom intercourse. The baby can feel it because of the cervix and an amniotic sac of fluid that is between you and your baby. So, don’t be scared instead ofenjoying the experience.
Easier labor and recovery
Having a super high orgasm during pregnancy increases the contractions in your pelvic floor which helps to strengthen the muscles you will need for labor and after delivery.
Your body goes through a lot of changes, and you may feel that your body is no longer your own. But having sex can help to restore your body confidence and positive feelings about yourself.
So, when it is not safe to have sex during pregnancy?
- If there is any vaginal bleeding, you should not have pregnant sex. Because this would lead to premature labor.
- During the third trimester of your pregnancy, you should not have pregnant sex if you are carrying twins.
- If you do not know the history of your sexual partner and are unsure if he may have an STD. This could put you or your baby into risk.
- If your membranes have ruptured you should not have sex. As the sterile barriers that protect the baby from infection are no longer there. So during sex, you or the baby can get infections.
- If you do not feel safe or your inner voice is telling you that something is just not right, please acknowledge that and refrain from having sex.
Though, in most cases. having sex during pregnancy is safe, you should avoid any weight on the abdomen and excessive acrobats. It is ideal to stick to the traditional positions and if you want you can use lubricants also.