3 cups California Walnuts, divided
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons cherry extract
- Preheat oven to 121°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside 1 cup walnuts.
2. Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and process just until mixture is sticky and holds together.
3. Add remaining walnuts and pulse on and off to coarsely chop.
4. Press into a 7 X 10-inch rectangle and cut into 20 equal pieces.
5. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to an airtight container.
BY: Chef Sabyasachi Gorai