- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice
- 1 CUP Caster Sugar
- 1 CUP Del Monte Cherries
- 1/2 CUP Granulated Sugar
- 1 CUP Whipped Cream
- Start off by beating the egg whites along with lemon juice in an electric mixer on high speed. Keep going until the mixture doubles in volume.
- With the mixer on high speed, add the castor sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Keeping beating until stiff peaks resembling snow-capped mountains are formed. Ta-da! The mix for the meringue is ready.
- Pipe the meringue on a lined baking sheet in swirls to make meringue kisses. Bake these at 100 degrees C for an hour.
- Now it’s time to prepare the main topping. Blend the delightful Del Monte Cherries with granulated sugar and cook it in a saucepan, over medium heat. Let it cool for a while.
- Time to plate up! Take out your favourite dessert glasses, fill it with layers of whipped cream, cherries and crushed meringue kisses and serve.
BY: DEL MONTE