Wanted to give the usual Indian nashta a break? Try this Mediterranean-inspired chicken ham, and California walnut hye rollers served with garlicky hummus, fresh pomegranate seeds, parsley, and walnuts by Chef Sabyasachi Gorai.
1 pc lavash bread
40 g chicken ham
10 g processed cheese
5 g coriander
30 g braised onion
25 g iceberg lettuce
10 g lollo rosso
30 g hummus
40 g roasted red and yellow peppers
5 California walnuts whole, toasted
30 g chopped California walnuts
15 g pomegranate
2 g parsley flat
250 g white beans
75 g tahini
5 g garlic
15 ml olive oil
Salt to taste
60 ml lemon juice
1. Soak the white beans overnight in water
2. Boil the beans the next day and strain
3. Blend all the ingredients together in the mixer
4. Check seasoning
For Hye rollers
1. Spread hummus evenly on the Lavash bread.
2. Fill it with lettuce, chopped walnuts, cheese, chicken ham, coriander, braised onion, peppers.
3. Roll it up nicely and tightly so that it doesn’t open up.
4. Cut it into even pieces.
5. Garnish with parsley, whole walnuts, and pomegranate. Serve cold.