- 200 Gram Del Monte Penne Pasta Boiled
- 2 TBSP Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Clove Garlic
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Low Fat Cream
- ¾ Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 TBSP Groundnuts Or Cashew Nuts Toasted
- ¼ Cup Processed Cheese Crumbled
- 3 TBSP Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Peppercorns Crushed To Taste
- Pesto Sauce
- Salt To Taste
- For the pesto sauce take basil leaves, groundnuts or cashew nuts, 4 garlic cloves, most of the processed cheese and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a grinder jar and grind. Add another 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and grind to a semi coarse paste.
- To make the pasta dish, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan. Slice the garlic cloves.
- Add garlic to the hot oil and sauté till golden. Add cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes, pressing the tomatoes a little with the back of the ladle. Add the pasta and toss for 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and mix.
- Add the pesto sauce and mix well. Add cream, salt and crushed peppercorns and toss. Cook for a minute.
- Serve hot garnished with the remaining processed cheese.
Enjoy your meal!
BY: Del Monte