- 4 mediums sized potatoes
- Dressing & Spices
- 3 tsp Del Monte Garlic Mayo
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin powder
- ¾ tsp Red Chilly Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- 3 tsp Cornflour
- 4 tbsp Melted Butter
- Salt to taste
- Topping/Condiment (Optional)
- 2-3 tsp Chopped Coriander
- Green Chutney
- Sliced Veggies- Cucumber & Carrots
- Oregano for sprinkling
- Equipment Required
- Skewers- any kind for the potatoes to go in
- Flat Non Stick Frying Pan to Shallow Fry Potatoes.
- Prepare Dressing- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients listed under dressing & spices above- Del Monte Garlic Mayo, salt, chilly powder, pepper, cumin powder, ginger paste, melted butter and cornflour.
- Prepare the Potatoes- Wash and peel the skin of potatoes. Insert the skewer lengthwise from the middle of the potato. With a sharp knife, start slicing the potato from one end. Don’t slice it till the middle to cut the piece away, slice until its slightly at the middle and keep rotating the potato as move along slicing to create a spiral slice.
Carefully open the half joined slices to create an open spiral on the skewer.
- Dress the potatoes- Usinga brush or spoon, coat the spiralled potatoes generously with the dressing prepared on all the sides.
- Shallow Fry- Heat a flat saucepan with some cooking oil (enough to just cover the base of pan) and place each of the potato tornado in the heated oil. Keep rotating the spiral to evenly cook the potatoes on all sides until it takes a crispy, brown colour.
- Serve- Serve hot and crispy with some green chutney, extra Del Monte Garlic Mayo on top, sprinkle of some fresh coriander and dried oregano and couple it with sliced veggies like cucumber and carrot for the perfect evening party snack.