- 8 wonton Sheets
- 150 Grams Prawns (40 Count) peeled and deveined
- 30 ml tequila
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (Coriander)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce (Hot Chilli Sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin,
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika Powder
- Salt and pepper for Seasoning
- ½ Cup Egg Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking oil.
- Nestle one wonton wrapper down into each of the 24 muffin cups.
- Bake the cups for about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
TEQUILA LIME PRAWNS
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the tequila, lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, Sriracha sauce, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick Pan over high heat.
- Add the Prawns to the marinade and toss until they are all coated.
- Add oil to the hot pan and then dump in the Prawns and most of the marinade.
- Cook the Prawns for approximately one minute then flip them over and cook the other side for another minute or so, just until they are pink.
- Remove the Prawns from the non stick pan onto a plate.
CHILLI LIME DRESSING
- Take ½ cup Egg Mayonnaise in a dressing bowl.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, paprika powder and seasoning to the mayonnaise.
- Stir it well until mixed properly.
ASSEMBLING THE TACO BITES
- Add chopped lettuce into each wonton cup.
- Spoon one heaping teaspoon of Mayonnaise dressing into each wonton cup.
- Place 1-2 Prawns on top of the Mayonnaise dressing.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
BY: Chef Vijesh Modi, Sous Chef