1 cup rolled oats
340g mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 cup California walnuts
1/3 cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, plus additional for serving if desired
Buns, leafy lettuce, sliced red onion, sliced avocado and grilled pineapple slices (optional)
- Place oats in a food processor and process until oats resemble a coarse meal. Remove and set aside.
2. Place mushrooms in food processor and finely chop; add to bowl with oats. Add walnuts and green onions to food processor and chop fairly finely. Add to bowl with soy sauce, seasonings and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Using wet hands shape into 6 patties.
4. Heat oil in a very large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, brushing with teriyaki sauce during the last 2 minutes of cooking.*
5. Serve on buns with any desired toppings.