- #ReConnect – a hybrid festival featuring online and offline work by leading British art and cultural organisations and artists, launched by the British Council.
- Partnering with over 35 cultural organisations from the UK and China, the Festival offers thought provoking and stimulating experiences with British arts and culture.
- The Festival presents the diverse breadth of contemporary UK arts, culture and education to inspire and connect audiences in China and beyond with British creativity.
- The Festival aims to strengthen the connection between China and the UK through shared values in culture and education.
- British visual artist Celyn Bricker's first solo exhibition in China, titled The Fifth Season. Bringing together interactive, AI generated artworks, paintings and prototypes, the exhibition held in Beijing will explore our relationship with nature and new technology.
- An online talk held in partnership with the Natural History Museum, -titled Our Broken Planet: How We Got Here and Ways to Fix It will see young changemakers from the UK and China debate why and how our relationship with the natural world needs to change.
- Eye of the Storm, a documentary film featuring Scottish landscape painter James Morrison will be screened in Shanghai, directed by award-winning director Anthony Baxter.
- Dog Ballet, from the London International Festival of Theatre, is a webinar about a new participatory work of public art to celebrate the community around dogs and their owners to appreciate the joy and tenderness that can be found in these relationships of mutual care.
- O'r Graig, a short documentary featuring slate mines in North Wales, which have recently been designated UNESCO heritage status.
- Journey to the Eyeth Art, a virtual art gallery showcasing the creativity of deaf artists in an imaginary world called Eyeth and a celebration of inclusiveness in the art for all.
- Match Make is a series of short films which paired 8 dance artists and 8 artist collaborators during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic, which include natural, industrial, rural, urban and coastal settings throughout Northern Ireland.
- Time to Dance China, an international digital collaboration between the Scottish Ballet and Shanghai International Dance Centre designed to deliver dementia-friendly dance activities for elderly people as well as a dance film screening.
- An online solo exhibition of works by award-winning British artist Sir Christopher Le Brun, in addition to an online talk between Sir Christopher Le Brun and renowned art critic, writer and curator Shen Qilan.
|ReConnect with Nature|
|1||British Library Exhibitions in Two Cities: London – Shenzhen||Sept 1 - 20||British Library||Online showcase||England|
|2||Affiliated Event – The Fifth Season by Celyn Bricker (online talk)||Sept 18||Winland||Online event||England/Beijing|
|3||Broken Planet Programme (online talk for climate change between Glasgow and Kunming)||Sept 17||Natural History Museum||Online event||England/Scotland/Kunming|
|4||Eye of the Storm documentary featuring Scottish landscape painter James Morrison in Shanghai||Sept 16||Montrose Pictures||Offline event||Scotland/Shanghai|
|5||Eye of the Storm documentary featuring Scottish landscape painter James Morrison in Shanghai||Sept 19||Montrose Pictures||Online showcase||Scotland|
|6||Our Future Planet (Films and talks for Sustainability and the impact of Climate Change)||Sept 1 - 20||Science Museum Group||Online showcase||England|
|7||The Children of Lir (performances of raising environmental awareness)||Sept 1 - 20||Folk NI Theatre||Online showcase||Northern Ireland|
|8||Dog Ballet (Webinar)||Sept 15||London International Festival of Theatre||Online event||England|
|9||CURRENT (films of the exhibition)||Sept 13 - 20||Cooper Gallery||Online showcase||Scotland|
|10||Design and Sustainable Business Futures (panel discussion with Joey Pringle and others)||TBC||Veshin Factory||Online Event||England|
|ReConnect with Community|
|11||Making Matters||Sept 13 - 20||IM||Online showcase||Across UK|
|12||Short Film Project for Female Directors (panel discussion)||Sept 12||Encounters Film Festival, One International Women's Festival||Online event||England/Beijing|
|13||Breathe and Draw (Orchestra Music)||Sept 1 - 20||Nevis Ensemble||Online showcase||Scotland|
|14||Mojo Mickybo (theatre film)||Sept 1 - 20||Bruiser Theatre Company||Online showcase||Northern Ireland|
|15||Songs for Heritage and Culture of Northern Ireland||Sept 6 – 20||Brigid O'Neill||Online showcase||Northern Ireland|
|16||Match Make (8 short films)||Sept 1 - 20||Maiden Voyage Dance Company||Online showcase||Northern Ireland|
|17||Plethu/Weave Project (series of dance-poetry performance films)||Sept 1 - 20||National Dance Company Wales, Literature Wales||Online showcase||Wales|
|18||Nurture (performance film)||Sept 1 - 20||Bbeyond||Online showcase||Northern Ireland|
|19||Creative Ageing in Scotland (online talk by Luminate Festival)||Sept 1 - 20||Luminate Festival||Online showcase||Scotland|
|20||O'r Graig (short documentary of UNESCO world heritage slate in North Wales)||Sept 1 - 20||Wicked Wales Film||Online showcase||Wales|
|21||Beijing Stories (film screening)||Sept 1 - 20||Scottish Documentary Institute||Online showcase||Scotland|
|22||Beijing Stories (artist talk)||Sept 20||Scottish Documentary Institute||Online event||Scotland|
|23||Cultural Heritage for Inclusive Growth an introduction speaker: Nikki Locke||Sept 16||British Council||Online event||Across UK|
|24||Deaf Culture Online Exhibition curated by Zhou Jiayi||Sept 1 - 20||Artist Jiayi Zhou||Online showcase||Across UK|
|25||Selector Online Competition||Sept 15||British Council||Online Showcase||Across UK|
|ReConnect with Self|
|26||合[Hé] Scottish Dance Theatre x Shanghai International Dance Centre Collaboration (dance film screening)||Sept 1- 20||Scottish Dance Theatre, Shanghai International Dance Centre||Online showcase||Scotland|
|27||Time to Dance (film screening)||Sept 7||Scottish Ballet, Luminous Festival||Online showcase||Scotland|
|28||Notes on Stone (Anna Mahler) film screening||Sept 10 - 20||Stephenson Art||Online showcase||England|
|29||Future of Art Education (film screening & panel discussion)||Sept 16||Cloud Intelligence||Online event||Beijing|
|30||Affiliated event -Solo Exhibition of works by Sir Christopher Le Brun (online talk with artist Sir Christopher Le Brun & Shen Qilan)||Sept 13||Lisson Gallery||Online event||England/Shenzhen|
|31||Affiliated event - Italian Renaissance Drawings||Sept 17||British Museum, M Woods||Online event||England/Beijing|
|32||Affiliated event - Masterpieces in Miniature: Treasures from the Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Collection||Sept 19||V&A Museum||Offline event||England/Zhengzhou|
|33||Glass Meet the Future short films||Sept 1-20||North Lands Creative||Online showcase||Scotland|
|34||Artes Mundi Prabhakar Pachpute Exhibition (artist introduction)||Sept 1-20||ARTES MUNDI||Online showcase||Wales|
|35||Origin to Future Thinking, podcast with Farooq Chaudhry, Xu Rui, and Rui Fu||Sept 1-20||China House Arts||Online showcase||England|
|36||2021 British Classical Art Film Festival at Lumiere Beijing, New Live Screenings||Sept 1-5||New Live||Offline showcase|