As happy as monsoons can be, they can be very stressing for the hair and scalp. The unnecessary content of acid in the rain water and acceleration of moisture in the atmosphere makes it worse as it gives rise to unwanted bacterial and fungal infections in your hair. The increased humidity in the atmosphere causes fungal infections to breach into your scalp causing problems like irritation, stickiness, itchiness and dandruff.
Dr. Arvind Poswal, Hair Expert and Founder, Dr. A’s Clinic has rolled out some tips to prevent your hair from fungal infection during monsoon:
- Staying away from heating tools is the best way to keep healthy during monsoons. Blow dryers, curling rods, hair straighteners could be the biggest enemy for your hair during monsoons. These styling tools actually extract out the essential moisture and nourishment making them rough, dry, brittle and frizzy.
- Wash your hair at least twice a week and condition them too. It helps to fight frizz and ensure that proper nutrients reach your hair for its proper development and supplementation. Conditioning them makes the hair soft and smooth.
- Nothing as beneficial as an oil massage. Oil seeps in through your hair follicles and nourishes your scalp. It prevents the scalp from several infections and enriches you scalp while keeping your strong and healthy. Oiling the scalp is a must and must be done once in a week.
- The best weather to go short with your hair is monsoon. Short hair is easy to manage and can be modified easily and lessens the hassle of their proper maintenance. It helps in elevating the looks and makes you ready to battle the effects of monsoon on hair.
- During monsoon, avoid getting wet in the rain as the added moisture in the scalp can cause infections. Monsoon can be really unhealthy for the hair. So, make sure you always carry your umbrella with you.
- Eat proper and healthy foods like spinach, eggs, tomatoes, avocado, carrot and walnuts. Healthy foods in the diet ensure that the hair is healthy and strong. Foods really contribute to beautiful hair.