Laundry Tips : For anyone who uses makeup on a daily basis, this is a common problem. You tend to get makeup stains on your shirt/top. And we understand how traumatic this can be if this happens with your favourite dress/top. Same is the story with sweat patches in summers. If not treated immediately and correctly, these can ruin your clothes permanently. So it is always better to be aware of the remedies and keep these handy whenever in need.
Before rigorously rubbing these stains with a tissue paper, and then putting them in the washing machine, you may want to look for a few remedies. We are listing down below some tips that can help you get rid of the stain without washing:
- Run it in cold water: This kind of a first aid for stains/patches. Many a times this itself does the trick and you need not go any further. Remember to run it in cold water 2-3 times at least to see the result.
- Using dishsoap: For makeup stain for oil-based makeup products, dosh soap is a good hack. The dish soap has certain chemicals that help you get rid of the oil-based stain with ease.
- Shaving cream: For makeup stain of oil-free makeup products, you may use shaving cream. Just lather up some shaving cream on the area and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. After that, rub it gently and run it in cold water 2-3 times. This will help you get rid of the mark.
- Rubbing alcohol: This too has been cited in many articles and videos online and it actually works. Just take some rubbing alcohol on a tissue paper or pour directly on the stain and rub gently for 305 minutes. If the stain/patch is light, it will go off easily. If not, repeat it 2-3 times and you should be able to take it off
- Lemon+vinegar: You may try rubbing a slice of lemon on the stain and then drizzling some vinegar on it. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo or liquid detergent.
Aspirin: Crush 4-5 aspirin tablets and mix it in water. Soak the stain part of the clothes in this solution for half an hour or so. Then rinse it thoroughly and the stain would be gone.