Nothing mattress more than a good night’s rest and how do you sleep soundly if the mattress you sleep on isn’t up to the mark? SleepyCat has identified the following as the most important performance factors to keep in mind while choosing the right mattress for you –
- What material is being used?
– Most people don’t know what feature they need, especially when it comes to the most critical factor, the material of the mattress. Spring coils increasetension are not as supportive and doesn’t evenly distribute body weight. Cotton mattresses are good for people who are allergic, but can sag easily, develop lumps and are difficult to handle. The modern mattresses are made from memory foam which provides orthopedic support by distributing your body weight evenly and relieving pressure points that cause body aches.
- What is the level of firmness you require?
–The level of mattress firmness that will be best suited for you depends on your sleeping position, height and weight. A general consensus is that memory foam mattresses provide the highest level of comfortwith adequate contouring to the spine, support and structure.
- What is your budget?
– Expensive mattress is not always synonymous with higher quality. Also,don’t buy the cheapest option available as that could mean compromising on factors like toxicity, durability and overall sleep quality, which are easy to ignore, but important to consider. Stores tend to inflate the prices so keep all your options open and explore wisely. Online stores cut the retail costs, markups and commission overheads by delivering to you straight from the factory,without burning a hole in your pocket. Look at the mattress as a long-term investment and buy a mattress that will last longer.
- What kind of temperaturesuits you?
– Your mattress plays a big role in influencing your sleep temperature, as some beds absorb and trap body heat. Gel memory foam and coir mattress have the best reputation for allowing most air circulation and keeping the temperature down, giving you cooler nights.
- Do you find it hard to sleep because your partner keeps moving in bed?
–Disturbance from someone getting in/out of bed or changing position is a major cause of sleep disruption. Memory foam mattresses minimize motion transfer and isolate it to smaller areas, reducing partner disturbance.
- Do you have any allergy concerns?
–Use hypoallergenic mattress to reduce the risk of allergic reactions. Also ensure that the mattress protector, that protects the mattress against stains and makes it waterproof, is breathable and allows air flow. Zipper covers can easily be removed and washed for hygienic care and also improve the durability of the mattress.
- Does the brand offer any warranty?
– Understand the warranty, not only for the number of years it lasts but also read the fine print carefully.
Sleep is critical for holistic health and well-being. Most people today have restless nights, tired morning and struggle to make through the day. SleepyCat hopes to solve this millennial problem by making a purr-fect mattress affordable and convenient to buy.
By Mr. KabirSiddiq