Millions of people are suffering from stress and anxiety due to the pressure and tension felt in the daily life schedules. While the symptoms that are for short term can be easily treated with minute changes in the lifestyle. However, people suffering from generalized anxiety disorder need the treatment of medications combined with therapy sessions. But, some researches show that making proper alterations in the nutrition intake can drastically help in reducing stress and anxiety. Some of the food items that can promote the betterment of your mental health are listed below.
- Fatty fish: Omega-3 fatty acid is very helpful in treated mood-related disorders like anxiety and stress. Therefore, it is suggested for you to consume fatty fishes like –salmon, trout, mackerel, sardines, and herring as they have a rich content of Omega-3 fatty acid in them. The EPA and DHA contained in this fatty acid regulate the neurotransmitters, thereby promoting the brain to function healthily.
- Seeds of Pumpkin: The pumpkin seeds are a rich source of potassium that helps in balancing the electrolytes in the body which ultimately results in managed blood pressure levels. Therefore, the consumption of potassium-rich food like –pumpkin seeds and banana can work effectively in reducing stress and anxiety.
- Chamomile tea: An herbal remedy for the treatment of anxiety and stress is the best solution. The Chamomile tea can be very efficient as it contains antioxidants, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and relaxant properties. Chamomile tea is consumed by many people all over the world before going to bed as it promotes great sleep. Having an adequate amount of sleep to relax your mind is a very important step towards reducing anxiety and daily-life stresses.
- Dark chocolate: This can work efficiently in improving the mood of a person. Dark chocolates have greatly worked in reducing stress and anxiety levels since ages now. The accurate idea behind how dark chocolate helps with mood-related issues is unknown yet polyphenol and flavonoid contained in the chocolate that stimulates the neurotransmitters thereby improving the mood.
- Brazil nuts: The Brazil nuts are rich in selenium content which helps in improving your mood. Selenium works by reducing inflammation in the brain cells which are mainly an outcome of increased anxiety disorder or stress. The Brazil nuts contain antioxidants too that prevent the cells from being damaged and are anti-carcinogenic that help fight against cancer too.