The word “eggs” makes us think only about food, bakery, confectionery and hair care. But do you know eggs form a major part of our meal every day? Based on chicken breed here are some of the types of eggs with variations in their nutritional value.
- Omega 3 eggs
To help you get fit they’ve got several benefits to your health. It also helps you fight infections, depressions, and cures every heart diseases. Containing 7g and 5g of Omega 3 the richest source are Atlantic Mackerel Fish and Salmon Fish respectively.
- These eggs contain 5-12%more omega 3 fatty acid than the normal egg.
- Not only one but different kinds of Omega 3s are found in such eggs.
- It contains many other nutrients like calcium, protein, vitamins, and mineral.
- The standard white brown egg
The nutritional value has nothing to do with the colour of the shell. There’s a prevailing myth that brown eggs are much healthier than the white ones. Breaking the myth, let us tell you that the white eggs come from chicken with white earlobes and brown eggs are laid by chicken with brown earlobes. And both of them belong to the class of organic eggs.
- They have a predominant protein quotient.
- Speaking of nutritional value, they don’t differ much from the remaining type of eggs.
- Free-Range Eggs
- They are the eggs laid by the hens roaming in open barns.
- Free breeding range eggs.
Every country has got its free breeding regulations to follow.
Hens are allowed to roam whole day in open barns. These hens prefer to consume fresh foods like corn and grains. They eat the food that is naturally available to them in fields like insects, grubs, and greens. Since they roam around to get their food, they don’t gain much weight.
- Less cholesterol & fat
- More Vitamin E and A
- A little amount of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Organic eggs
You might’ve seen cartons carrying the “organic” label on them. If you wonder what colour eggs might be inside it, they can be of either colour. Hens who are feed free from pesticides, herbicides and other fertilizers lay the organics eggs. The name organic, since they also feed on organically grown plants and consume clean and freshwater.
- It contains Proteins, minerals & 13 essential vitamins along with healthy fats.
- The eggs have more than 100 gms of Choline which is good for pregnant women for their baby’s brain development
- Low calories
Apart from the above mentioned 4 types, there are other types of eggs. These eggs are chemically processed to make them bacteria-free. Those chicken who feed on plants are said to lay vegetarian eggs.